VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up my n/a 19d t4 a couple of weeks ago started up fine from cold the day i picked it up then we had a crash on the way home (van was on trailer) i started it up on the scene and it struggled to start but got it going drove it a couple of miles to my dads no problem then started it again 30 mins later no problem then drove it a few miles home then its been parked up ever since and now she wont start the diesel was in the red so ive been and filled a can up but still wont start every now and then it trys but fails ive currently put the battery on charge as i ran it flat and cooked the jump leads lol any ideas?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Possible air lock in fuel system ???

Just another thought, if you had run it down into the red they may be a chance of some in the tank which it may of picked up causing a blockage, so I would take off the fuel pipe coming from the tank to the fuel filter, turn her over and see if you have fuel being pumped from the tank, then work it forward from there.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible air lock in fuel system ???

Just another thought, if you had run it down into the red they may be a chance of some in the tank which it may of picked up causing a blockage, so I would take off the fuel pipe coming from the tank to the fuel filter, turn her over and see if you have fuel being pumped from the tank, then work it forward from there.

Hope this helps
good thinking batman will try that as soon as the damn batterys charged T:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this also something else ive read about along with a fuse and a relay anyway of checking the relay as ive heard there about fifty squid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts