VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
Firstly I have to say your forum has been much help to us however were seeing if anyone else has had this problem.

Basically we had to put a Complete new clutch with slave cylinder and flywheel on our Minibus (VW Crafter with Shiftmatic Gearbox)

We changed everything, put it all back together and it was fine for 4 weeks.

Then one day it came back from a job and we parked it up (and we think.... It was left in gear). Then say two weeks later the battery ran down so we recharged and then went to move off however when we went to engage drive it didnt do anything. The dash says N but it decides to pull off in a high gear then suddenly stalls.

When you now try to move it into A - it says Fault and stalls (as its pulling off in a high gear)

Its as if the Gearbox thinks its in N but in actual fact its in say 4th gear?? Like other forum suggestions - we have checked the door switch, brake light switch and the pump is working. Any suggestions?

Do we need to somehow reprogram the gearbox? (Any ideas?):*

If anyone has any more questions to perhaps help me - ask I will answer.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
im guessing that the issue is resolved by now but if not It sounds like the a syncro ring in the Gbox is jammed which is a common issue in the shiftmatic, If you remove the pressure accumulator on the right hand side of the gearbox (can leave attached to hydraulic line) then remove the bung behind it you should be able to un jam the syncro manually with a screw driver. when you replace the clutch you are also supposed to adapt the clutch slipping point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts