VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says if i fit shortend shocks does this have any impact on the set up or ride or wil i be better of with the standard shocks on my 40mm dop on kws T:

·
Registered
115 Posts
If your springs aren't becoming loose or dislocated when you jack your van up, I personaly wouldn't bother with shortened units. I would look for a good quality heavy duty gas charged set.
I've had 4 different sets of shockers on my van last year trying to get the thing to ride how I like. From standard to now Projektzwo (Bilstein B6s). I've found the rear end never seems to change much in ride or control from make to make with what I fitted, but the front has varied quite a bit.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If your springs aren't becoming loose or dislocated when you jack your van up, I personaly wouldn't bother with shortened units. I would look for a good quality heavy duty gas charged set.
I've had 4 different sets of shockers on my van last year trying to get the thing to ride how I like. From standard to now Projektzwo (Bilstein B6s). I've found the rear end never seems to change much in ride or control from make to make with what I fitted, but the front has varied quite a bit.
can you elaborate on your current set up, very interested in what you have found, regards

·
Registered
115 Posts
can you elaborate on your current set up, very interested in what you have found, regards
I'll try!LOL:

My opinions were;

The rear end has never changed in either comfort/harshness (rapid movement) or spring/body control (long movement), with any of the different shock absorbers I've fitted. Although I think with say 400+ kg in the back, more of a differences in spring/body control might be noticeable.

The front has shown more of a diffence between different makes regardless of fuel levels.

Used standard (what came with the van. Green, VW?) comfort/harshness was soft with spring/body control fair.
Shortened yellow (£120 a set type) comfort/harshness medium-firm, spring/body control poor. :mw is my memory of those!

Sachs/Boge comfort/harshness medium, spring/body control good.

Bilstein B6s comfort/harshness firm but nice with spring/body control very good.

As said many times before "You get what you pay for". T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts