VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
It wont be before the weekend but my van is going to a scrappy soon in Essex and the front has been dropped so they will more than likely sell the shocks/springs

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
It wont be before the weekend but my van is going to a scrappy soon in Essex and the front has been dropped so they will more than likely sell the shocks/springs
whats wrong with the bus..why you scrapping...?

are you breaking it or selling as a whole.?

simon

·
Registered
649 Posts
whats wrong with the bus..why you scrapping...?

are you breaking it or selling as a whole.?

simon
Its cat B after an engine fire. Can't sell it as it has to be scrapped due to the DVLA regs. Can't break it as insurance are having it. I'm taking off little bits and peices that I can get away with

·
Registered
649 Posts
if they are shortened front shocks I'd deffo be interested for sure, x
The van is going next week. I'm in Burnham on Crouch. If you want and if it is possible you can come and take off the front bits you need but they will need to be replaced with something else? All i know is that the front has been dropped. It was done before I bought the van but I was told that the suspension was some of the best stuff? (Over my head)

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't say for 100% sure but the fire didn't completely take hold. It was mainly in the engine bay. I'll post a pic later. It doesn't look like the shocks or springs are damaged?

·
Registered
649 Posts
True. Might be worth waiting for the scrappy to test them? I wouldn't want a faulty part put on another van!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Here is the pic of the van. The fire didn't go very low by the looks of it. Had a quick look at the shocks and they don't look damaged but I'm no expert!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts