VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have not been here for a while, so apologies for that.

I am just about to buy 2 new vans for my business, I have 4 in total at the moment, I was going to use mt trusty T5 T32 kombi 56 plate as a trade in, but the more I look at the old girl, I get a lump in my throat, and it will break my heart to see her go.

I dont really have to part ex her, if the figures are right then I can keep here, I am not all about sentiment, but if it is going to cost me she has got to go.

My question is, If I can keep her for another year, how much is it going to cost me.

Have I hit the almost Zero depreciation level or is she going to be high maintenence

I have been offered £8,500 plus vat from the dealer, the van is now 4 years old and has done 54k, it is fully serviced by vw, with a few minor scratches and tiny dings.

I guess it is now due a cambelt, being 4 years old, dont know how urgent that is ?
will the alternators, starter motors, drive shafts start to break ?
could do with a couple of tyres, It will also be taken out of service, so will become the bosses van so to speak, which will just take me to quotes and shopping.

I know buy my vans new and trade them in with the dealers after 3 years, this one is now 4

What would you do ?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Keep it, to be honest you won't lose that much over another 12 months, seems to me that prices for the same age van as long as its the right spec have been very similar for the last 2 years, I have had my 2006 kombi for 18 months and the prices now are similar to what I paid 18 months ago, but its all a guessing game though the prices could drop through the floor but I doubt it, unfortunately the "scene tax" seems to be picking up on the T5's as it did do with the T4's, advantage to you as a seller but not as a buyer, this won't effect you though if buying new !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts