VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, the plastic tray under the engine. I see much talk of them on these forums, but don't know if mine never had one or lost it in it's life before me.

2007 1.9TDi

·
Registered
736 Posts
mates van at work is a 2007 1.9TDi and it does not have one but see no reason why one cant be fitted as thread is there to take the bolts for one

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't see it being a huge advantage, but I've also seen how low that bottom pulley is. Wouldn't want anything to flick up and get caught in that would you?

·
Registered
736 Posts
think main advantage is sound proofing as have heard it does make a differance

let me know if you do get one and it does make a differance will let mate know

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OEM from dealers look expensive.

Ordered one fro Toys R Us.

Ill let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well orders from T4sRUS and fitted today.

Why don't blooming holes line up. Grrrr.

Anyway, with only one M8 Hex Bolt snapped in the hole (as they were so rusty, even though soaked in WD40) and substituted with a zip tie, it's done and here is the result. Not much to look at I now, but here it is anyway.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Any quieter?

On mine there is a plastic clip (Like a spreader clip thing) which means you can take the weight of the tray then fiddle around lining the holes up its near back somewhere T: Hard to explain thoughI:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quieter, not noticeably I don't think.

Mine's a 1.9 and I don't like the thought of the belt on the bottom pulley so exposed to the elements/dirt/grid/debris flicking up off the road, so all protected now.

Not sure about the clip thing. No signs of such a thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts