VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I get a 7/16 shoulder bolt (think this is the size)??????

I am retro-fitting a second row three point belt and have fitted the plate but need a shoulder bolt to allow the top mount to swivel in the direction the seat belt is pulled.

Is this how people has done it?

:ILU:

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
when i ply lined my ex-aa the bolt that held the shoulder mount of the inertia belt wasnt long enough, i got a longer bolt from justkampers, if this is what your after its listed on their website, was cheap also.
nik

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your reply, I already have one of the justkampers bolts but they have no shoulder to allow the seat belt to swivel at the top. :(

Anyone spotted these or have one?

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
i just meant the metal plate that is by your shoulder, i used the just kampers bolt an found a nylon washer that was roughly the right diameter to give the req'd space for the plate to rotate, only needs to be strong enough to allow you to get some decent torque onto the bolt but not crush, used some threadlock to stop the bolt coming loose.. Time to search through all your boxes of odd bits in the shed... As for a special bolt. ive no idea, happy hunting nik..

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
When in doubt try the VW dealership. Simple bolt should only be 50p or so.

I know the type you mean, where it's not threaded all the way to the head of the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts