VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently fitted Audi A8 Armchairs to the front of the Bus. I have no problem with the extra height but Mrs neverstopstorquing struggles to reach the pedals when she is driving.

Cutting the bases and re welding them isn't a problem but I would love to see a few examples and basically which end to cut. Can anyone oblige?

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
fitted some jaguar seats in my old van and found they were too high, i cut the base in half (height wise) slide the top over the bottom and had it re-welded inside and out. not got any pics though, sorry I:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
fitted some jaguar seats in my old van and found they were too high, i cut the base in half (height wise) slide the top over the bottom and had it re-welded inside and out. not got any pics though, sorry I:
With them being tapered, did you have to bend the sides to meet?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
there is a how to on here somewhere,i used it when i done mine,cut the base 50mm up from the bottom,drop the top part over the bottom bit and weld/bolt together T:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
hi careykid74 is selling lowered bases on here as atrader and will be trading at busfest tomorrow .check him out not sure of price ?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I can vouch for careykid. I have a pair of his bases with my A8 seats. Super simple install and nice bit of kit. I was initially frustrated at the solid "front" but now I store stuff in it like my two stroke oil and it no longer slips and slides around the cab area.

If you have two single bases alreay then you could sell them and say realise £70 which means the carey bases are only £120.....unless you can cut and shut yourself or get a mate to do cheap, you probably are not saving much by DIY!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They look great but with a swivel fitted, im back to the original height.

I'll have a le with mine in the next few weeks and see what I come up with.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts