VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It should be a few days untill my swivel bases arrive and I can fit my new front seats, so I had better pull my finger out of my pocket and get some flooring sorted out. After some thought on the matter(not alot!) I have half decided to paint it with 5 coats of bitumen or smooth finish hammerite. I want something that will be easy to keep clean and won't look too bad..........will my idea look bad? I'm starting to think it will! So what do you have? Or whats your great idea?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about that lads. We have it along the boottom edges of some of the stables at work and it wouldn't be there if there was even the slightest risk to the animals. Maybe it depends on the grade of it. If there is a grade of course! Any other sugestions then, as an altrenative?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
if your talkin about the underside f your floor then go ahead T: ,but if you mean for the inside :eek::eek: i've never heard of anything so stoopid I:, it's a wind up LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing is free in this world my friend! The carpet is for the base of the bed, the walls and cabanets. I still don't know what to do with the floor.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have not done this yet... but I use my old van for the beach mainly and its always got a pair of sandy dogs onboard...
I have 5 litre of surf board acrlic resin in the shed....
My plan is to clean the floor,recoat in some base colour,slap a design or maybe some prints down and just resin the lot!
May need some masking around the edges to stop the runs and create a dam/finish line.

Recon it will protect the old girl,clean up easy on account of the smooth finish and look ,er well different!:cool:

Maybe a bit noisy without insulation but if it was comfort I was after I would fit a carpet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The acrylic idea sounds like a good shout, cheers for that! I have decided on something finally. I'm guna go sticker bomb vinyl. I think it should look quite tidy and not too expensive. Watch this space......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts