VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, Have a Black T5 and though it came with Alloys I prefer Steel... The look I'm going for is retro Black rims, chrome nuts with centre VW boss but most importantly the Chrome Rim inserts as this!
I've been looking for a set suitable and though they still make them in the States for Ford Trucks have not come aross any over in England.... Any idea where I could find a set for my T5 rims?

Any tips or pointers, ideas or method very much appreciated indeedy

Old School as on the Lotus Elan and Lotus Cortina pre 70's

Thankee :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a big fan of steelies, loving this thread guys. You've inspired me to get my standard 15" wheels from my 1992 T4 refurbed.

Anyone know of a shot blasting company in Wrexham/border area that could do the job for a fair price?

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi DubFans

I brought some 16" steels from a T4, and plan to fit them to my MK5 Golf 2.0 TDi

I want to get them 'BANDED' but unsure of the 'MAXIMUM' Width i can have on them, WITHOUT altering the arches!!?? :confused::confused:

I think they are 7J standard

If anybody knows, could you get in touch soon as possible :D

Cheers T::)

·
Registered
22 Posts
These look sweeeet! T:

Getting some pannels touched up in the next week or so, think i may go for the same but in my vans Blue, as i have already done my steelies in black, il chuck some pics up if they come out as hoped!

CJ

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
loving them, that is what i want to do, but mine have been outside and gone well rusty and
am unable to sort them, so am on look out for some that dont need work,
this i may have some, if i do, i will only be doing a basic paint job, not as good as yours
but will post when done, be a couple of weeks mind. I: dawn
See if there is a powder coating firm near you ,there are a couple near us and they seem to be doing a roaring trade painting alloys and steelies. Sandblasted painted and laquered -£35 each ,think the steels are cheaper.
Guy near me had some on display ,gold,crimson,red,black ,silver and mirror finish-the mirror looked like chrome ,really nice .
He says always lacquer them as the paint is to soft for wheel wear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Omg this is my old van so glad it's still on road I sold it in 2007 with the Audi wheels also the original steels as well sorry how long have you owned van noticed it has coloured bumpers now looking nice il see if I can find some old pics :)

221 - 240 of 737 Posts