VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
how did you get the caps to fit Rod, was originally looking at this but couldn't figure a way without cutting
Dan, get yourself some hubcap clips designed for early VW stuff, cheap as chips, make a template for your holes and drill, they come with a 'sort' of rivet but i just used some self tapers, easy...........only downside on the t5 16's is that with the curviture once the caps are on there a so and so to get off...............

Rod

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
now they ARE retro:cool: that's what the lada 'reseach' was about then...:D
That's it ! Really not sure what to do with centre caps, probably gloss black, then maybe red walls on tyres ( red van) :*
Open to ideas.
Working on a retro roofrack idea as well, and maybe some wooden side steps to go on my RDC side bars instead of the alloy checkerplate.
Far too much wekend time and far to little cash, seems to make for a more "creative" time T:LOL:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
That's it ! Really not sure what to do with centre caps, probably gloss black, then maybe red walls on tyres ( red van) :*
Open to ideas.
Working on a retro roofrack idea as well, and maybe some wooden side steps to go on my RDC side bars instead of the alloy checkerplate.
Far too much wekend time and far to little cash, seems to make for a more "creative" time T:LOL:
David, cover your side bars with bamboo..........T:

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
A bit more work on my "new" ones today....
Can't afford sandblasting, so used the Bigbrushondrillsandpapermostdremelattachmentswetndry approach to prepare, then paint...Fortunately I have my trusty paintbaking oven available I:

:eek:

I'm not used to spraying, but not too unhappy about my rattle can effort...

this is defo the colour my new alloys are going.. do you have a paint code for that colour..? mentiond to mattd when i bought them off hem i wanted them cream, but was thinking more magnolia, that colours spot on...

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
this is defo the colour my new alloys are going.. do you have a paint code for that colour..? mentiond to mattd when i bought them off hem i wanted them cream, but was thinking more magnolia, that colours spot on...
"Lada ( :eek: )cream" Halfords rattle can ! Was struggling to find out if it's normally known as beige or cream, whole Lada thing wrapped in myth and legend:D.
But, Lada Cream is what Halfrauds called it T:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
kestom, could you tell me where i can get the caps for my merc 16" steels - for my winter rims pleaseeeeee

i love the look kustom, and feal that they would go well on my van :ILU:
Any beetle parts supplier in the mags sell them at about £40 a set, now you could be different and use some caps usually destined for kustom kars and hotrods............

41 - 60 of 737 Posts