VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

721 - 737 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!! Does anyone know if its possible to fit the vw bettle ( new beetle) chrome vw hub cab on to standard cw t4 steels? Trying to create a retro look with out spending loads and loads!!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Oponeo do do steels for a T4.
The Alcar 15" is rated at 900kg and the 16" at 800kg. They also have the Magneto options but I haven't found load rating on these yet.
To get the option for 16" I used VW T4 LAV T4 (1991-2003) 2.5 as a model. Not everything brought up a 16" option. I am not sure if the 800kg 16" is a little light?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Recently had my bus resprayed and thought my alloys ought to be refurbished to boot. So dug out the original steels and gave 'em a quick spruce up with a can of hammerite. Wrapped some winter tyres round em now too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just picked up six Mercedes 7.5Jx16 ET41 steel rims for $350 AUD (£195)!
They are from a W210 MB.

I didn’t think I would find these here in Oz as all the the W210’s sold here came with alloys wheels however most of the spares were steel. These apparently were for the V8’s hence the larger 7.5” width.

Now to get them blasted and painted!

[

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let us know if you get them through EU Kontrol.....maybe Denmark is not as strict as Norway....I:
uhm what?

U mean the inspection? No even gonna try. I got a special set for that ;)

Anyways. Posted pics... cant be seen apparantly. Whst did i do wrong? Put a dropbox link into the "insert image".. Should work?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is that Hammerite sprayed on or brushed?
I've missed these for erm a while! I sprayed with halfords steel paint, then brushed hammerite over the top, they need doing again by now, it was a bit of an experiment, still look better than they had done, but looking a bit ropy again, I'm a bit more experienced with painting now, probably enough to know to get them blasted and powder coated, probably just pick up a set of steels that are in better nick first though!

721 - 737 of 737 Posts