VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Standard early (the better ones) steelies wearing 235/60 rubber :ILU: Reverse stretch.

Like the look of those Maude A:- have you got a picture showing both wheels side on the van to see the full look? Are they powder coated or did you DIY, and is the centre cap metal or plasticote finish?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Like the look of those Maude A:- have you got a picture showing both wheels side on the van to see the full look? Are they powder coated or did you DIY, and is the centre cap metal or plasticote finish?

Cheers mate T:, have a look in my build thread link below, some pictures of whole van and a quick guide on page 2 on the wheels. I sprayed them with normal 2K car paints T:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55672

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cheers mate T:, have a look in my build thread link below, some pictures of whole van and a quick guide on page 2 on the wheels. I sprayed them with normal 2K car paints T:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55672

MAUDE - just viewed your thread. Was hoping to see the wheels, but ruddy blell, what a fantastic build.A: I'm inspired. Thanks for the info, very informative. Just got to source some spare steels 'cos I can't manage with my van off the road whilst they get painted.
(I love the teardrop trailer by the way:cool: - kids want me to make 'em a play den for the garden and I might pinch some of your ideas!)
Cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chums - just bought a spare set of steels from ebay. I've had a local quote of £150 to blast,prime and powder coat 'em in single colour.

(Was thinking of all gloss white inc centre caps and highlighting the VW in silver or black?)

Before I commit, does anyone do powder coating etc near Cardiff who can beat the price - or should I take 'em up on it?:confused:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Chums - just bought a spare set of steels from ebay. I've had a local quote of £150 to blast,prime and powder coat 'em in single colour.

(Was thinking of all gloss white inc centre caps and highlighting the VW in silver or black?)

Before I commit, does anyone do powder coating etc near Cardiff who can beat the price - or should I take 'em up on it?:confused:

The centre caps are plastic right? Only they might melt when put in the oven during the powder coating process. x

·
Registered
23 Posts
The centre caps are plastic right? Only they might melt when put in the oven during the powder coating process. x
Plastic caps will have to be plasticote/primed and wet-painted. I think it's okay to bake 'em, but I'm not talented so will be getting it done professionally. (I won't be leaving a sticky mess in my baking tray, don't worry. But thank you for your concern.:)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I've had a local quote of £150 to blast,prime and powder coat 'em in single colour.

i know it's easy to say but i don't always go on price. i had quotes £40 cheaper that the £160 i paid to have mine powdercoated. i know the company do a faultless job so was happy to go to them. plus they are local to me and been in the trade of industrial finishes since day one.

ask to have a look at some of their work and decide for yourself if you are happy to pay the money for the finish they can do :ILU:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Thought I'd lump my newly refurbed steels onto this thread - get maximum value LOL:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
cheers hated searching for this thread when wanting to spectate steel rimmage :ILU:

going to look/buy some 16 inch vito steels of a 07 van wearing 195/65/16c ..... are tires ok? any idea what spitot rings ill need ?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
cheers hated searching for this thread when wanting to spectate steel rimmage :ILU:

going to look/buy some 16 inch vito steels of a 07 van wearing 195/65/16c ..... are tires ok? any idea what spitot rings ill need ?
66.6mm - 57.1mm spigots mate T: tyres will be fine at that size. i've got the same on 7.5j mercs. guessing yours are 6.5j :ILU:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
do these count I:

:ILU:

love that look buddy..... i take it they r banded?

66.6mm - 57.1mm spigots mate tyres will be fine at that size. i've got the same on 7.5j mercs. guessing yours are 6.5j
cheers mate... just ordered them offa ebay.... went and saw the wheels and left deposit getting them tomorrow, dont know what j they are think they might be 7j? but dont know for sure

61 - 80 of 737 Posts