VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOps just checked using Wheelbase alloys as a reference for offset etc and your correct..
Better stop the order..
Thanks for the info.

Brywil

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry to be a real dunce (I'm new to the scene so please let me off) but what is the benefit of fitting Merc Vito wheels, as to my eyes they look the same as the standard steelies on my new T4 ?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Sorry to be a real dunce (I'm new to the scene so please let me off) but what is the benefit of fitting Merc Vito wheels, as to my eyes they look the same as the standard steelies on my new T4 ?
there is no real 'benefit' of merc wheels.

for most it is purely cosmetic and personal taste. i have always opted for merc steels because i prefer the look of them. mine have more holes in them than standard vw steels :ILU:

mercedes steels are also readily available in 16". not so easy to find a 16" vw steel now for reasonable money. i bought some sets of merc steels a few years back and used to pay a tenner per wheel. even got a complete set for a tenner once T:

not much chance of those prices now :ILU:

there are bargains to be had though now and again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh, right. Makes sense now, keep the similar look but a bit meatier. It sounds like what I'm after, I need to get mine off anyway as a bit rusty so a set of these would probably be good and I can tidy them up. Any tips for good places to look ? And what sort of money should I be looking to pay now?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
:confused: You sure?!

Doesnt it depend on the et/offset of the wheels in the first place? I think so..
yep mate...

pretty much for 2inch or more bands on the rear...et on wheels to start with have to be 53 or above...standard or 60ish on the vito rims..

lower et on wider steels you will struggle with...

merc vito,standard 15inch t4 steels or 16inch multivan t4 steels (if you can find them) are all good for banding..

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you stick with vw wheels you will only get a 2" band on the rears
if you use vito steel wheels you will get away with a 2.5" band on the rears.

T:

101 - 120 of 740 Posts