VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....the other half has a dog. I refused to let it come in my precious newly carpeted/sparkly clean van but apparently if the dog doesn't come, she doesn't come to beaulieu. (i know what you are tempted to reply) So where do you put your dog? ATM we have a blank van in the back as the r and r bed comes in 2 weeks. Worried he will slide all over the vinyl floor if I put him in his dog bed. He is only a little jack Russell. Any secret tips from any long term dogging pros ;)

·
Formerly known as minifun
129 Posts
I use a canvas travel cage for my Jack Russell, strapped to a seat (passenger one or the rock and roll in the back), or you could bungee it to the side of the van. Best to keep them contained so they don't get round your feet when you're driving.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Grottie Dog travels in a crate...............a very large crate, with fluffy bed, fluffy cushions and his favourite fluffy toys!! :D

It takes up heaps of space in the Velle when travelling, but that's not an issue for me. Once parked up it can go out in the awning or if I don't put the awning up, I collapse the crate and tuck it under the Velle to keep it out of the way!

I'd go with one of the fabric ones if he wasn't such a big dog T:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My border collie travels everywhere at the wifes feet in the passenger foot well. Hes just a pup in these pics but he still travels there 3 years on.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I converted the back of my bus into dog cages.

Loads of room for luggage above them when we go away.

Paul.:D
thats nice

i wonder if it i made it a touch lower and then slide another board on a bearers to form a bed, though it couldnt go much lower as we have a Dallie aswell

·
Registered
103 Posts
that's exactly as i'm planning mine, bit higher though cos bullmastiffs. and i'm gonna have a sliding extending bed above with not so much head room. it'll do me for work (i'm a dog handler) and for camping and days out, shows etc.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ours also travel in the footwell...2 Cocker spaniels. they fall asleep as soon as the van moves, then hey presto wake up at the camp sites. If they are caged at the rear make sure of a good door seal as fumes can get under the doors if not or have good ventingI:I:

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
that's exactly as i'm planning mine, bit higher though cos bullmastiffs. and i'm gonna have a sliding extending bed above with not so much head room. it'll do me for work (i'm a dog handler) and for camping and days out, shows etc.
Join the club, bullmastiff owner signing in.

I'm making my own interior, so the plan is the bed will be low enough that I can still fit his crate on top of it when travelling. Wouldn't fancy him getting any momentum in an emergency stop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts