VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at leisure batteries.

There's heaps of options and ways of fitting them so I feel a little swamped.

Lets see your Battery set up, where have you placed it, what would you have done different, if you vented and how you vented?

See if someone out there can inspire me to make a decision and crack on with this build!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Under the left hand front seat (driver seat in my case) I have:
- 100Ah leisure battery
- Sterling battery-to-battery charger
- 240V CTEK 10A battery charger
- 30mA double pole RCBO
- single 240V switched socket (CTEK charger permanently plugged into this so that leisure battery is charged whenever on hookup)
- single 240V switched socket (feeds a 240V plug board in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (feeds Engel fridge located in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (feeds water pump for sink in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (general use)

It's tight, but everything is fully serviceable.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Under the left hand front seat (driver seat in my case) I have:
- 100Ah leisure battery
- Sterling battery-to-battery charger
- 240V CTEK 10A battery charger
- 30mA double pole RCBO
- single 240V switched socket (CTEK charger permanently plugged into this so that leisure battery is charged whenever on hookup)
- single 240V switched socket (feeds a 240V plug board in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (feeds Engel fridge located in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (feeds water pump for sink in removable kitchen pod)
- one switched cigarette lighter socket (general use)

It's tight, but everything is fully serviceable.
I forgot to mention them, but it's also home for the standard VW connector blocks and the under-seat fuses, including the infamous one for the VW cigarette lighter socket on the main dashboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention them, but it's also home for the standard VW connector blocks and the under-seat fuses, including the infamous one for the VW cigarette lighter socket on the main dashboard.
That is alot to fit under there! nice work... could you post a photo?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts