VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at different steering wheels on the bay. Theres plenty to be had and at a good price. But what will fit. Theres loads of leather MK3/4 golf/bora/passat ones on there and they are going for about 40 quid. Better than the £450 for a scirocco one. Any thoughts or pics of your wheel and how it was to fit.
Cheers van buddies

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought a Golf MK5 GTI wheel recently http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160901177048 fitted without any mods to my 2004 T5, used the airbag loom from the T5. I'm really pleased with it.
Curiously a similar one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110976500293 sat around for days with no-one prepared to bid the asking price of £120
I've got a feeling that Golf Mk4 won't fit but I'm not sure. Plenty of cheap Mk5/6 wheels out there but usually without airbags, you might be able to get the bag separately but usually it will be the more expensive of the the two components.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

One those bad boys by any chance??
Mk5 golf gti flat bottom, also just used the old loom from the old wheel and fitted straight in T:
Nice Ajay , just bought a mk6 round golf steering wheel for £40 on fleabay T:

Just got to source an airbag ?............seem to be around £200 though :*. Unless I'm missing something ? :(

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice Ajay , just bought a mk6 round golf steering wheel for £40 on fleabay T:

Just got to source an airbag ?............seem to be around £200 though :*. Unless I'm missing something ? :(
Yeah mate I was lucky with mine!!! Came with the airbag. Wasn't willing to pay £400 odd for a steering wheel :*
That's the only thing if you buy them without airbags mate, the bags is what costs the money :(
Oh and to the op Audi wheels also fit T: my mates just fitted as "s-line" one to his T4 :eek: A: T:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah mate I was lucky with mine!!! Came with the airbag. Wasn't willing to pay £400 odd for a steering wheel :*
That's the only thing if you buy them without airbags mate, the bags is what costs the money :(
Oh and to the op Audi wheels also fit T: my mates just fitted as "s-line" one to his T4 :eek: A: T:
Yeah , saw a nice Audi one ( forget who's van it was , may of been the awesome red one on air ? ) do look gd , have you seen Steve's retrim on seats and steering wheels ?...... Not to mention the full das h retrims ? :eek: Quality T:

Thinking of getting it blinged T:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Yeah , saw a nice Audi one ( forget who's van it was , may of been the awesome red one on air ? ) do look gd , have you seen Steve's retrim on seats and steering wheels ?...... Not to mention the full das h retrims ? :eek: Quality T:

Thinking of getting it blinged T:
Yeah that was on Shaun's red one mate also to the op look on his build thread in the short wheel base section under red T5 I think?!?!
No mate I haven't seen it!!! Where is it?? I feel I need too!!! :D
I want to do something with my dash and door cards but not quite sure what!!! :*

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah that was on Shaun's red one mate also to the op look on his build thread in the short wheel base section under red T5 I think?!?!
No mate I haven't seen it!!! Where is it?? I feel I need too!!! :D
I want to do something with my dash and door cards but not quite sure what!!! :*
[email protected]

Special mate T:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
If i remember right someone mentioned these a few weeks ago and said after wasting time trying to fit them he had binned them.

I've got one of these and also a spare set of M/F buttons which i took off.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone used royal steering wheels? There in eBay. They sell you the original wheel covered in leather on a exchange basis. 100 quid. Looks decent enough.
Do like the flat bottom wheels. But I might find it difficult to drive with my knees whilst texting and drinking a coffeeLOL:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Anyone used royal steering wheels? There in eBay. They sell you the original wheel covered in leather on a exchange basis. 100 quid. Looks decent enough.
Do like the flat bottom wheels. But I might find it difficult to drive with my knees whilst texting and drinking a coffeeLOL:
I got one for a friend. They are nice and good quality. Plus he will do any stitching colour you want and quick.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts