VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Straight swop friend T:

WOW!! That looks amazing!! :eek::)T:

Sorry for yet more questions, but can I just ask, did you have to modify the slip ring? I've been told I need to do that? Or is it just a case of, battery off, take the airbag off, remove steering wheel, fit new golf wheel, change the wiring over from the transporter airbag to the golf one so the lug fits, connect up and fit airbag, connect battery.

Sorry for all the questions. I've built air-cooled cars from scratch before, but T5 are all new to me!! :confused:

Cheers,

Dude :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nudge

I also very much like this. Tell us more.
Easy fit?
Airbag compatible?
Possible to paint and retrim the leather?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post hope its in the right place, I have a 2013 VW sportline T5, I would like to fit a MK6 multi function steering wheel on, the MK6 comes with cruise control and all the other normal functions, my sportline has the cruise control on the indicator stork, does anyone know if this steering wheel would be compatible with my T5, my steering wheel at present does not have any controls.
Thanks in advance.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,479 Posts
I wouldn't go that route - I doubt there is any chance you will get the cruise control buttons to work, so you end up with too many buttons that just don't do anything.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
hi can somone tell me if a wheel from a 2014 t5.1 and air bag will fit as a direct replacment onto an older t5 08 plate i think it can just want to be sure

or will it need any extra parts??

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
hi guys sorry to jump in but if anyone is interested i have just swapped my mk6 golf flat bottom mfsw for the mk 7 so the mk6 golf gti leather multi function steering wheel is now for sale . works great and looks amazing complete with airbag and loom ready to fit,
im looking for £365 postage is around £15
just a note on the mk 6 everything works unlike the mk7 where i have just found out you cant get the illumination to work..gutted

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,639 Posts
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but does anybody have a comprehensive part list? It's so confusing with the options, and those listed on eBay just tend to list all makes and models so they keywords come up in the search!
Cant help you with a list but a Passat B7 wheel definitely fits, it's physically the same as the T5GP wheel so takes your airbag, the MFSW loom for it is £15 from Aliexpress if you can wait 10 days or so. It's not flat bottomed but what's that all about in a T5 anyway?

101 - 120 of 160 Posts