VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Interesting thread

can anyone please tell me what multi function wheels will fit an 05 T5

I'm just getting my T5 back on the road after a long lay off and the steering wheel is manky

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cant help you with a list but a Passat B7 wheel definitely fits, it's physically the same as the T5GP wheel so takes your airbag, the MFSW loom for it is £15 from Aliexpress if you can wait 10 days or so. It's not flat bottomed but what's that all about in a T5 anyway?
Evening all
Hopefully got my hands on a Passat B7 mfsw for my 2011 T5 facelift (no existing mfsw), do I still require the additional loom from the Aliexpress site for my year van? Have been on the site and there is a few different harnesses on there. I presume the one listed for mk6 golf might be the correct one? Haven't looked on eBay yet for the same harness.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys. I have a 2011 T5.1 (T28) can anyone recommend a nice wheel which will be a simple swap out without too much messing about?
What do I need to get cruise and radio control working etc?
This is my current wheel.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hi guys. I have a 2011 T5.1 (T28) can anyone recommend a nice wheel which will be a simple swap out without too much messing about?
What do I need to get cruise and radio control working etc?
This is my current wheel.

i have the same wheel and have swapped to a mfsw too with paddles i too need help please
hope we get some..cheers..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 t5.1 trendline and I am looking to upgrade the steering wheel. I don't need multifunction. Can someone please tell me which other vw steering wheels will be a straight swap? I'm looking for flat bottom preferably. Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got everything working on the wheel, it operates the(after market) android double din head unit perfectly, also the multi functional displays.
problem is now vcds is saying theres a problem with steering angle sensor, airbag light and traction control light is on and cant be reset. i think the squib,clock spring is damaged so looking for a replacement. Does any know the part number for them or a equivalent that will fit. Its a 2013 van.
thanks.
sorry to drag up an old post, but did you fix this? i have the exact same issue on a 2013 van?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking good that T:

Was it much trouble to get working and did it come with airbag ?

Had to buy both separate. 60 for the wheel 85 for the airbag.

I used the same wiring as the normal instal (9 to 12v+ and 10 to 17 on the BCM)

But I have the same issue as three posts up :S. Also it won’t illuminate unless you have a 2014/2015 BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi

I am looking at a polo 6r wheel, look exactly the same as the wheel you have fitted. Do you know the part number of your wheel? So I can be completely sure it will fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gang love all the posts - does anyone know......if an 09 Scirocco wheel will fit my 2014 T5? I've not got the wheel as yet so cant look or take pics - cheers!:ILU:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Certain steering wheels you will need to change the airbag clock spring on the VW T5 2003>2009 as the airbag wont sit right with the airbag connection T:

About a £30 Upgrade

hi bud, Im wanting to fit a b6 passat wheel to my 54plate T5, can the squib ring with L shape connecter for passat be 'plugged in' ... to my T5 ... ? theres a couple of pins extra on that too, my b6 passat airbag has 2 connectors on airbag...

do i need a golf mk5 squib & airbag ..? for a direct fit ...?

your help is required please T:

·
Registered
15 Posts
So how about converting the pass. b6 twin connector airbag loom to my standard T5 airbag loom,

which has a single connector on the airbag ....?
Can anyone tell me if this is possible..? Show me the wiring steps ..?
cheers...:ILU:

121 - 140 of 160 Posts