VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the loom definitely have two airbag connectors on it? The ones I have come across had 2 horn connectors, but these split from the same wire further back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
no airbag .... i fitted a passat/golf wheel, used t5 airbag loom, and got another airbag with 1 connector...

t5 squib ring fits perfectly too, no oddness in fitting as stated somewhere ..... LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anybody ever fitted or known of fitting and Audi S3 or any Audi steering wheel into a 2005 T5? Looking at a Audi S3 8L 2003 wheel;

Any help will be much appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have read thru all 8 pages, and there is a lot of useful info,
I Have a 13 plate transporter, a real base version, with no steering wheel multifunction, not even a temp gauge in the dash, The steering wheel is starting to degrade and is really quite disgusting so it needs to go ASAP, as mine is frill free, Can I upgrade to a multifunction wheel, I have intentions of fitting a a Pioneer? wireless Appleplay Head unit, and would like some control function.
What wheel will work obviously some mods will be required and any help would gratefully received :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've just ordered a mk6 Golf MFSW without airbag, looking at the picture though it looks like my airbag from a standard T5.1 fits fingers crossed

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've received this MFSW now, I'm trying to fit it but falling at first hurdle, having major trouble getting airbag off original wheel, spring clips from back but no joy, any tips???

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,639 Posts
I bent an old screwdriver at right angles and you need a mirror to see what's going on or it's near impossible.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,479 Posts
I suspect we all had the same issue the first time - as he says, a mirror helps, and the clips always seem to be hard work the first time! For me, it suddenly became obvious what I had to do when I used a mirror.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did how you suggested, it worked a treat thankyou
I fitted a Mk6 golf MFSW and the original airbag was a straight swap all I need to do now is find out what extra wiring is required and where to get it to make the buttons work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I disconnected the airbag to change the steering wheel and reconnected it, but did nothing else, now the ECU thinks there is a fault with it and the warning light is on constantly, anyone know what to do to reset it

141 - 160 of 160 Posts