VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Calling all Auto-sleeper owners.....( I know there aren't many!) a quick question,

An optional extra on the Clubman/Gatcombe apparently was two rear lap belts on the side facing seats at the fore end directly behind the driver and passenger seats. My question is, if they weren't specified do you know if the fixing points are present anyway for an easy retrofit? It seems as though it wasn't a common option taken up but as I like and require the four berth I'll be needing the rear belts.

If anyone knows the answer or would be kind enough to check theirs I'd be very grateful T:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I fitted a lap belt to the seat frame on my Clubman. The Autosleeper handbook recommends the side facing passengers sit up against the baulkhead - i thought a lapbelt would help. I know there's a bit of controversy about lapbelts and internal injuries caused by them but there might be head injuries without them - who knows?

It won't pass a crash test - but then, would a fibreglass body pass the test?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Calling all Auto-sleeper owners.....( I know there aren't many!) a quick question,

An optional extra on the Clubman/Gatcombe apparently was two rear lap belts on the side facing seats at the fore end directly behind the driver and passenger seats. My question is, if they weren't specified do you know if the fixing points are present anyway for an easy retrofit? It seems as though it wasn't a common option taken up but as I like and require the four berth I'll be needing the rear belts.

If anyone knows the answer or would be kind enough to check theirs I'd be very grateful T:
Have you checked out the Autosleeper forum, there might be someone on there who might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Have you checked out the Autosleeper forum, there might be someone on there who might be able to help.
Thanks Gaz, I did have a butchers. Sadly it looks like the autosleeper isn't an option for me due to the belt issue with the kids as really don't want them in side facing lap belts.

Oh well, I'll keep looking R:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great vans enjoy A: - had mine for 4 years with the 2.5 Tdi motor remapped loads more torque and better mpg - 32/34 the norm sitting 60/65;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is our Auto-Sleeper Clubman GL, 1994 reg, assuming that this link has worked. Yesterday had my mechanic look at it over his MOT pit and he is very happy with the condition she's in and at the end of the month she's having a habitation check. In the mean time we are having a fun, first night in her, parked in a field near Cambridge using the EHU, that way we won't need to use the gas.
T:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157642067004675/

101 - 120 of 159 Posts