VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Van Girl
15 Posts
I got my van in Jan this year and have done a considerable amount of work on it, and that is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, but I am not complaining, it gives me stuff to do since I lost my wonderful husband in 2012. I have removed some dry rot in the back corners, and made the van usable. I am also slowly removing the coach trims and fibre glassing over all those gaps and screw holes that eventually let the water in, and start to rot the wood work. When I got the van, it had 46200 miles on it and a HPI check verified that. Checked all the paperwork and discovered that the cam belt and water pump had been replaced at 41000, much pleased about that. Took it to the family garage that I always use and got an oil change. He also did an all round visual check and for its age ( 90/91 ) it was fine. Now I need to upload some more pictures.

·
Van Girl
15 Posts
Re-upholstery will be done quite soon, and the pelmets show the new colours. I got rid of the shower and all that plastic that was the bathroom, I just strip wash at the kitchen sink as I have always done in all the campers that I had.

I:

·
Van Girl
15 Posts
The darker patch's on the floor are caused by liberal amounts of Cuprinol 5 star wood treatment, once I had got the floor dried out, and the new pieces of wood grafted in. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
U got blinds on kitchen window ;)

That's the good thing about the coach builds they can be adapted to suit every1s own needs

Good work keep it up

·
Van Girl
15 Posts
I went on a rally over the Easter weekend, two things came to light, this is the noisiest van I have ever had (road noise), and its also the coldest van I have ever had. So I scrapped it, no not the whole thing, I saved the best bit, the chassis. I have it in a barn and I am building a new body onto it. Almost finished the basic shell then I will put a fibre glass cap on it, then get it ready for painting. Once I have a waterproof shell, I can bring it home for the fit out. I have taken pictures of the process and when I learn how to do "photo bucket" I will post a link.:):wzd

121 - 140 of 159 Posts