VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any Suggestions for 'Northernish' Shows this year?

So Far, I have booked for:

25 / 27 May
Volksfling
Biggar Agricultural Showground, ML12 6AY, Scotland

15 / 17 June
Mighty Dub Fest
Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, United Kingdom

30 June / 01 July
Vag at the Manor
Reading, United Kingdom

13 / 15 July
Volkspower
Redcar Rugby Club, United Kingdom

Not booked this one yet:
10 / 12 August
VW Festival
Harewood House, Leeds, United Kingdom
Been the last two years and was ok, but quite expensive. In two minds to be going again.

I am wondering about this show?

28 / 29 July
VW Camper & Bus Show
Eastnor Castle, United Kingdom
CANCELLED!

Or this one the same weekend?
27 / 29 July
Dub Odyssey
Hooton Lodge, Rotherham, United Kingdom
A lot closer to me, but never heard anyone ever mention it?

Any others "up North"? (kinda avoiding too far south as went to Dubtoberfest a couple of years ago and took 8 hours to get there and was (sorry to say) virtually dead as far as traders go)

·
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were doing Mighty dub fest and Camperjam again this year, but were going to try Blackpool breeze for the first time think its the 10th of August
did you go to Alnwick last year? We probably met without knowing it :)

You should have a think about Volksfling if you are free that weekend - easy run up the road from you and a great show (be my 6th or 7th time going to that one T: )

·
Registered
624 Posts
Did volksfling a few years ago that was good and harewood house like you say tad expensive.
eastnor castle one cancelled this year, did that one 2016 we enjoyed it.T:
We was thinking trying blackpool breeze this year.

·
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did volksfling a few years ago that was good and harewood house like you say tad expensive.
eastnor castle one cancelled this year, did that one 2016 we enjoyed it.T:
We was thinking trying blackpool breeze this year.
Didn't know Eastnor was cancelled. Thanks for heads up.
In all the lists and have click the links to see that I have just found :(

·
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were doing Mighty dub fest and Camperjam again this year, but were going to try Blackpool breeze for the first time think its the 10th of August
Checked the dates and I think I will go to Camperjam on the Saturday on the way home from the Reading VAG in the Manor Show :) the previous weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lolskij at "north".

Going a bit South to the 8.th Bullidays. If you have heard of the Dambusters and all that jazz you know the area where it all goes down. A nice meet with about 3-600 units annually. Great fun, sadly only been there once before. This is the first weekend of May.

Then North, as the term is, there is the annual Buscamp in Telemark. Sept 28.th to Sept 30.th (last whole weeken of Sept in the weekend, every year).

Other than that we pitiful fekkers dependent on ferries to the achipelago on the South-Western coast of Norway will have to go to the mid continent before seeing Dover and the short ferries to visit. I tried to ask on Facebook about ferry or other vessel from the Orkneys or Shetland to the Faeroes but got jibberish about all the long gone ferries so I recogn by the tone in the replies no vessel has ever gone between the UK and the Faeroes since the Smyril line ferry shut down that stretch of water. No vessel what so ever. (not buying that)

Busfest is in its 17.th year and will be held in Somero this time, Finland. July 20 - 22.nd. There is a ferry from Puttgarden, G to Roedbyhavn, DK and another from the Stockholm area, S to Finland if someone wanna go there. Not to be confused with Vanfest, that is.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Which of the reset will have the most exhibitors showing off the beds? I would like to get hands ds on with a few 3fore buying this year. I am dan sarf tho....

·
Registered
398 Posts
We're going to the Dorest Dub fest near Swanage the weekend of the 29th June.

Fabulous part of the country and we've even sync'd up with tickets for TankFest at the Bovington tank museum!

Expecting our van to be back from the conversion in May, so that's our first VW festival. I've also been looking at the Hurst View Dubfest 8th June. Has anyone been before? I've camped there before and it's a lovely spot, but it was overrun by feral children (not ours!) on that occasion, so not the best experience...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts