VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've seen plenty of "Shows your interior" threads, but they're all full of the 3/4 bed layout and units running up the side.

Who has gone for more of a day van interior, with full width bed? I'm curious to see how large your units are, and what sort of room is left once the bed is open (for the dog to sleep!).

Cheers,
Amnesia

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have in my T5 . When bed is dropped there is about 25cm gap from end of bed to front seats. Just enough for pop up table behind driver seat. I can get a small cooker on there to make a brew etc. So its basically a mobile kingsize bed.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Have a look at the pics in my album.
You'll be surprised how much storage you can squeeze into a van with a full width bed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i went full width on my swb and using the ikea sofa bed method can fit a set of ikea wall units to half bulkhead behind seats.
bed out theres a half inch gap between bed and units so no floor space.
mates lwb is converted the same but being a longer van he can open the cupboard doors with the bed down.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've got an overhead locker above the O/S window, a small cooker pod and a thin cupboard holding my water carrier, with all the storage under my full width R&R, I have plenty of room for everything (plus some camping chairs, large awning and other camping bits & pieces)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts