VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Shrewsbury/Telford area meet

Tags
meet
42K views 369 replies 53 participants last post by  inkwarrior 
#1 · (Edited)
** Please do not confuse this with the existing Shropshire meet run by BangBus at the Danery, see regional meets thread **

Date - Wednesday 18th May.
Place - TBC - previously The Horseshoe Inn, Uckington, Nr Shrewsbury.
Time - 19:30

This is the first meet of hopefully many.

Subsequent meets to take place on 1st and 3rd Wed of the month.

Nothing serious, just meeting up with fellow members for a chin wag and drink.
Families welcome but dogs are NOT allowed in the pub.

Please note: there is a rally car club that meets on the same night, there is plenty of room and we have our own section of carpark.

If you fancy doing other things (runs/trips/festivals etc) we can see who else is game and get things organised.

See less See more
#17 ·
Hi,

Been "lurking" for a while and meaning to say Hello, a little about me and my van but just not found the time! Was thinking about going to the next meet at the Danery as I was on holiday for the last one but this is closer to me in Telford which is a result.

Van's a Green 02 plate T4 2.5TDi factory Kombi, I essentially needed bigger family transport as I have 1 little one of 18 months, another on the way in 8 weeks all the stuff that entail plus 1 big dog! I looked at new T5.1 but decided I just couldn't justify cost plus I preferred the look of the T4's and their (hopefully) better reliability?!

Had it a few weeks now and so far am impressed, I looked for ages to find one that had all I wanted and one came up in Devon of all places so a bit of a trek but thus far been worth it.

The last owner had it from new and used it as his "car" apart from delivering the odd chair for his furniture business, done 158K miles but had every service done at a main dealer which is pretty fairly rare at this stage in its life!

Van also has (ice-cold) aircon (bonus!) and cruise plus its colour coded (paint not perfect but no rust), got a half decent set of RS4's (unoriginal I know but I've always liked 'em), been lowered 40mm and was a kombi from new so 2+1 removable seats, 3 belts fitted and limo glass is already in plus it's a glazed tailgate model which is nice.

Engine seems sound, certainly quick as I'd want any van to be! Seems to have plenty of torque and manages roughly 35mpg which seems ok? Got a RR printout from previous owner showing 165 brake which may or may not be accurate but the tuning box plus decat/stainless exhaust and blanked EGR are definitely doing something I guess...

Been through the usual newbie job list, tyres - to load rate or not to load rate? (went for Kumho 235/45/18 98 XL and seem very good), fitted new brake vacuum pump (old one was ticking!), blanked EGR valve, changed cambelt, waterpump etc and had full service done, new discs and pads, new stereo fitted and now thinking about the short shift mod and insulating/carpetting rear so any advice gratefully accepted.

Anyway won't go on as there will be nothing left to talk about at the pub - just glad you chose somewhere that serves a decent pint.

Will maybe try and get a pic or two up before I see you next Weds.

Bye for now
T:

#21 ·
Hey hey!!

Yep, I am defo gonna try and make it. Just stripped my brakes down to find out why the rears are so p*ss poor and found that the sliders are seized in the carriers. No problem I thought, just free them off with a spanner. First one snapped clean off!!!!

So now I need to new caliper carriers urgently as I have no rear brakes.

Gutted:(

#35 ·
I know a large part of these meets is to actually bring your van along, especially given this is the first, but anyone in Telford need a lift either due to mechanical problems (Dubstar?) or otherwise? (booze?)

Not looking to run a Taxi service here but I gotta a spare seat or two if anyone is looking for a ride. (I live in Stirchley).

See you tomorrow
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.