VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope someone can help, had my T5 remapped this week seemed great until experiencing shuddering when accelerating in 4th or 5th gear, happens more on an incline, only lasts for a few seconds then all is ok again. anyone have any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have a shudder/shake through my van at between 1800-2100 and then a bit at 3000ish. I have been told the offside driveshaft is worn causing this, mine isn't remapped but does this sound like it could happen on yours

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem and mine was done by a pendle agent. Interested to see what others say or think about this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got exactly the same problem and mine was done by a pendle agent. Interested to see what others say or think about this.
taking mine back tomorrow as i'm on a 30 day if unhappy money back, unless of course they fix the issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,190 Posts
Been lots on here about a judder\shudder between those rpm's. sounds like a fuel problem under load. maybe the lift pump not able to supply the filter quick enough for that extra bit of torque.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Had revi on , best thing I have ever done is to remove it.
You are looking at new DMF and clutch :)
Best get it out before it sent turbo to hell too

·
Registered
436 Posts
taking mine back tomorrow as i'm on a 30 day if unhappy money back, unless of course they fix the issue.
Cant see it been a fault with the map the only thing the map can do is highlight a under lying fault, if your power is up by 20-25% then a potential fault could be highlighted by the same hard to say without seeing it but flywheel could be the culprit if DMF is still in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I had the same trouble when I got my van (5.1, 180 biturbo) mapped by celtic tuning, I used them as I had my previous van (Renault Trafic) mapped by them with no problems, had it 6 years and did 120,000 miles.
Celtic came back twice to try and sort it , it felt like there was a flat spot or it was holding back at about 1800 revs and again at 3000.
It was worse in higher gears and struggled to get past 85mph.
The second time they came back I asked them to put it back to standard. A couple of weeks later I took it to Martin at pendle and it is completely different van, it pulls well though every gear and is like I thought I would be when I first bought it.
Not sure what he did but I love driving it now!!!

Ben.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
took van back and was told it was the flywheel, when explained to me it kind of made sense, the flywheel in my T5 is designed to 90bhp and i'm now asking it to do 120bhp, hence vibration at 2000 revs if changing gear, solid flywheel required or drive to accommodate for remap mod.:eek:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts