VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things that has irritated me since recently getting an 07 Shuttle is the cabin lights switching on/off every time I open a door. I could not find any way to switch them off and so I just accepted "that's the way they work".
That is until today. Opened the sliding door and they didn't come on - strange. Went round opening/closing every door and no, they no longer work and neither does the tailgate light.
Now that is a good thing (for part of my brain) but now another part is thinking "why aren't they working" and that gives me a different problem to resolve!
I have checked the fuses under the ashtray holder, the earth continuity and...well, what else is there to check? I doubt if 8(?) bulbs have simultaneously blown, so something should light up, surely?
Any suggestions welcomed.
Andy

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,237 Posts
Perhaps a pre facelift is different but the rocker switch in the front roof light module in mine has 3 positions, one of which is off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps a pre facelift is different but the rocker switch in the front roof light module in mine has 3 positions, one of which is off.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, mine has the three positions. Regardless of that, they worked the other day; they don't work now and nothing was changed in the vehicle. Obviously there is some fault in the (totally unnecessarily complicated imo) circuit(s), but with a dearth of information available anywhere it seems, I'm a little stumped on how to work out what's going on.
Ah well, am now wishing I won't win £1M on the lottery - that should fix it.

Andy

·
Registered
242 Posts
It might be a fault in the J519 'onboard supply control unit' (commonly BCM).
First thing is to double check fuse SB7 15A on fuse holder B, which supplies power for the interior lights to the J519 control unit, (then there are separate fuses after the J519) The doors each supply a separate
neg. to the J519. Next would be to check plug connections at the J519 (which is under the dash RH side) by giving them a wriggle, and visually, If no success it would probably require professional assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be a fault in the J519 'onboard supply control unit' (commonly BCM).
First thing is to double check fuse.........
Thank you Osty for a constructive reply. I have resolved the problem - turned out to be corosion on a different fuse. Fuse wasn't blown but oxidation/c*@p on it made it non-operational. Replaced and now all working as intended (but not as desired).
Visual checks on fuses are not good enough!
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts