VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped and had a chat with the guys at Freebird conversions in Devon yesterday re the conversion of my '05 shuttle, and as I expected, it's not going to be as straight forward as I'd hoped! :confused:

As helpful as my chat was I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on a conversion company that has successfully converted a shuttle? Primarily, adding a pop top. The roof conversion is a 'big deal,' lots of electrics and piping for the air con running through the roof lining. Can this be successfully maintained as a feature?

Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated T:

·
Registered
180 Posts
try torbay they fitted the reimo on my shuttle and several other shuttles on here aswell
hth
and they were lots cheaper than anywhere else

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, I too have a shuttle that I want to convert.Mine is even more complicated by an electric sunroof.Going to see a guy this week about having mine done.Will let you know how I get on.

There are loads of us Shuttle people on the forum having the same issues.

Perhaps there should be a sub section on this forum for Shuttle owners as there seems to be a need.

Take a look at Jeffs conversion in team black. It shows that it is possible to keep some of the aircon to the rear of the vehicle and some of the lighting.Looks as if it just takes a bit of extra effort.His vehicle is stunning.

If you cant find it , let me know and I will try to send you the link.

Please update if you make any progress yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took a trip down to Torquay and had a chat with the guys at Torbay. Well worth it! It's a good set-up. The owner runs a converted Shuttle himself (the silver branded bus on the Torbay web site) with pop top and has maintained the rear air-con. Plus, as funkyG mentioned, they've done the same to few others. Nice and tidy, and apparently not that much of a ball ache to achieve A:

Things are looking up :ILU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts