VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firstly i'm sorry if this ones been covered before (sure it will have but can't find any threads). I'm really struggling to get the lights apart so i can change the blown lamps. i'm going to fit LED's once i manage to get to the bulb. Might be just that im being to gentle not wanting to break anything. Does anyone else have the same problem or the know how?? Ours is the SE model so has roof mounted heater controls and vents running in the channel either side of the courtesy lights. The lights combine a map reading light and door activated courtesy light, and i'm beginning to think the whole light may have to come out before trying to remove the lense, but cant even figure how that comes out either. One things for sure the guys at VW know how to build these vans so they stay in one piece...lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I struggled for ages with mine as I was being too gentle! After I'd worked out that they took a bit of persuading the others came out fine. It's the clear plastic lens itself that comes out and iirc there are two plastic catches the you need to level apart. I used a small screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape to protect the plastic.

Good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reassuring me... i will have another go after work tomorrow. i had managed to unclip one half of the lens but was scared i was gonna break something or chew up the surround with my screwdriver...will try the tape trick.
many thamks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts