VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I have just done a full conversion to my 2011 t5.1 shuttle.
It is currently shown in the v5 in the tax class as being a diesel car. I was thinking about getting the v5 changed so it's a motor caravan.
What would be the benefits or pitfalls for doing this?
Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
8,634 Posts
If you do a forum search (or any type of search for that matter) for, say, "DVLA Motor Caravan" you'll find many many recent threads on the subject.

If you have a read, you'll find that you have little chance of getting "Body Type" (not tax class) changed to Motor Caravan now, as they have tightened the rules (or more accurately, decided to interpret the rules differently). So the benefits and pitfalls are now pretty much academic, unless you happen to meet the very strict current interpretation (which is clearly covered in the other recent threads).

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,168 Posts
The M1 Diesel Car bit will never change, it's the body type which is MPV that would have changed but now won't, I wouldn't worry about as everyone's in the same boat, even the factory converted California are now MPV & as it's classed as a car you can already do car speed limits.

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
If you've got it insured as a camper van then there's nothing else to do (I never changed the seating capacity either).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts