VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn between fitting side bars or side skirts i like both , i would be fitting either the steelworks sportline style bars or the ABT style skirts

Just wondered what the general consensus with you guys was? with maybe a few pro's and con's thrown in for good measure to help me decide:*

much appreciated...AndyT:

·
Banned
670 Posts
I am torn between fitting side bars or side skirts i like both , i would be fitting either the steelworks sportline style bars or the ABT style skirts

Just wondered what the general consensus with you guys was? with maybe a few pro's and con's thrown in for good measure to help me decide:*

much appreciated...AndyT:
i have been down that road , isurefly , i went for the long side bars ,as the shorter sportline ones do not look right , they are very short looking , that is just my view , hope this helps . also you can get a scissor jack to jack up if needed , which i have and east to jack up

·
Premium Member
6,273 Posts
I wanted to get some side bars but then I realised I wouldn't be able to get my waste water tank under the van at campsites!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bars. I have the sportline style from steelworks. Some say that they look too short, but i think they look great - the full length ones look too long coz i am used to the shorties. The other thing to remember is that most of the people who have full length are unable to use the jacking points. Personal choice at the end of the day, but make the RIGHT choice and go with sportline ha ha!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hi Andy
I think side bars look cool they also can be practical as well as protective somewhat towards your van. I know I havecaught mine on the floor once at the top of a very steep incline, but at least it wasnt my vanT: .Side skirts also look great, but easily damged Im thinking on high curbs and such like. I also think that if your going to have sideskirts then you really need front spoiler and rear skirts for it all to match at the same level around the van. ultimatly its down to looks.

Hope this helps ya mate
Tom

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I think both look nice but one of the reasons I sold my bars to fit side skirts was the increasing resale value of scrap stainless steel T:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hi Andy,

I have been thinking the same thing for mine.

I kinda thinking ABT side skirts, they are pretty slim so should'nt really be a problem with grounding.

But black and chrome works well, So maybe bars would suit yours better T:

(and it gives you more to polish and shine up Rasp:)

Cheers Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts