VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a N/S Side Loading Door Grab Handle Kit from VW but after Fitting found the Pillar Trim Doesn't cover the Mounting plate, is this because I need the Caravelle Trim as well as my van only has Bulkhead Trim......Any Thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I've just bought a N/S Side Loading Door Grab Handle Kit from VW but after Fitting found the Pillar Trim Doesn't cover the Mounting plate, is this because I need the Caravelle Trim as well as my van only has Bulkhead Trim......Any Thoughts?:confused:
Sounds like you answered your own question there, the shuttle and velle b pillar trims return to the door seal. Give your parts supplier the number of your grab handle and bracket and they'll advise you of the trims.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Yes your right, The caravelle trim is wider to cover the bracket.

But the caravelle trim won't fit as the roof lining is different, And the caravelle trim finishes off at the top different to a panel van ( its slightly short)

We have only ever done one of these, And in the end we covered the extra metal showing in carpet lining to match the van. Not perfect but could not think of a better way than this.

T:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, where did you get the kit from? I can't find anything but the A pillar kits?
Adie

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is no kit you have to purchase the parts separately (see caravelle) and it can be done if you got the time, modify your bracket as shown and a bit of filing and it will fit snug...

Sorry photos are on the side, you get the idea...

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is no kit you have to purchase the parts separately (see caravelle) and it can be done if you got the time, modify your bracket as shown and a bit of filing and it will fit snug...

Sorry photos are on the side, you get the idea...

@AT5MAN does this handle “work” with your modification to the metal plate, or will it pull away when someone pulls on it? I ask as I’m keen on doing the same mod, and this is the only thread I can seem to find on the matter!
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts