VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help and advice

I have an aftermarket converted 2009 t5.

When I have looked at the way that the step has been fitted after the ply floor and although have been fitted it looks as though the side step has been chocked up to meet the floor level.

This has not been an issue but, I've just fitted one of the door cards with fold away table to the sliding door and now find that the lugs that hold the table in place conflict with the slightly raised step.

So my question is can I get a deeper step to alleviate the raise step base issue?

Internet research would suggest that I can but which one do I go for?

Is it the Kombi step? Or is it the California one?

The step liner I have in place has a light unit in it so does this mean that I have a kombi step already?

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,756 Posts
I think there's 3 different height side steps, the std. van one, a Kombi / Shuttle one although the Shuttle one has lugs to go up behind the B & C pillar trims which is deeper & the Caravelle one which is the deepest. I guess you'll have to take it out & find the part number to see which you've got. The Kombi one is the usual one to use I believe if the original is a van one but it depends how much the floor's been raised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts