VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am after some advice, i managed to have a run in with a particularly stealthy bollard in a supermarket car park and have put a fairly hefty mess all along my sliding door :( absoloutley gutted.

The mess is about half way up the door about a foot below the window all the way along it, i will try to post pics later on.

What i want to know is whats the best solution is. Is it new door time, and if so any ideas where i could pick one up around Bristol (Preferably white)?

Or is there a possibility of getting it re-skinned? with something like THIS as it has a window in and dont really want to go through the hassle of getting a new door with no or a clear glass window.

Anyway any help/advice would be muchly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Re: Side Door F*** Up!

Hey mate. Gutted about your 'incident'. Did the same to mine a while back but luckily i was replacing both sliding doors anyway cos they were rotten.

Id say go for a new door. I got mine for £120 and £150, Both with holes for windows. Dont get me wrong, It took a while to find a decent one but at least your van isnt full of filler. Saves a lot of work aswell.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Side Door F*** Up!

Thanks man,

Where did you get your doors from? Just a local breaker or something?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It took a while to find a decent one but at least your van isnt full of filler. Saves a lot of work aswell.
Nothing wrong with bit of filler:D

I have used the repair panel in link above, good fit and would probably cost a days labour to fit then a respray. Did mine myself with some pics in my albumT:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts