VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've just finished lowering my van and was checking the front wheels. They appear to have a slight bit of side to side play but no up and down. Any ideas please??
Thanks

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
prob tie rods mate...which join to the rack....very prone to go on these vans...or track rods ends.put your hand over the track rod and move side to side...you will fee play if there..

if not..move your hand in to the gator on the rack and hold,whilst doing the same...my bet would be tie rods..

p.s if you needed them or wnated them changed..i have a job on in notts next week,so could prob stop off on way or back to sort them as a mobile job if needed...cheers si

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sound, I'll do em before I get my alignment and camber appointment then.
Cheers
"I'll do em before I get my alignment and camber appointment then."

do they need changing??
to save a bit of money most garages do a free sterring brskr suspemsion check, get a quote when they tell you whats wrongt with it and if you are capabvle then just do it yourselfe.

it could be track/ tie rod ends, but as is both side it could be far worse like steering rack/box bepends which your van has, so def get a second opinon, the guy on here sounds like hes used to these vans whos given ya advice maybe save a lot of money let him do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts