VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me and tell me the best suppliers of side windows?
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
882 Posts
I seem to remember an old thread saying stick to VW ones as they are the best. Next choice you have is how you want them fitted - T5 style or flush with rubber seal. Then theres tints. I had mine done T5 style, limo tinted by ultimatetransporters in Brum, and they did a nice job that hasnt leaked in some monsoon rain. Expect to pay 230-250quid.

·
Registered
287 Posts
t4, and possibly 2 but want the whole fitting kit. Cheers
We can supply and fit 2 VW windows tinted to your spec for £230 if your willing to travel to Newcastle? It will take best part of a day as the bond needs to set but Newcastle City center is only 15mins walk.

That price doesn't include the rubber trim around the windows as many people don't bother with it.

Mick

·
Registered
362 Posts
vw sell them for about £38 if i remember correctly i just brought a set a couple of weeks ago both windows (genuine vw ) and seals (genuine vw) for £123 incuding vat plus i then brought two tubes of sikaflex from ebay at £10 each so just under 150 for the set, you just gotta have the guts to cut a big hole in your van, which isnt too hard, if you are worried do the door first you cut to the size of the inner which is smaller so you have enough to stick to on the outer, you have to bash what is left back so that it sits flush when fitted, put the glass up to the panel before sticking to make sure you have no high spots that are going to push the window out, than go for it, i had to do it myself cos i couldnt find anyone local that did it, if you want any more hints just say, there are loads of guides around anyway im sure youve probably found them already.:)

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Dude you need to call Will at tidy t's he's only down the road from you in lutterworth he'll supply and fit if you need, tell him i sent you, told him i'd spead the love T:

Tidy Transporters
How are you matt??

We can supply and fit your new windows with seals for £230. All genuine vw, we will also fit them flush, not just a hole in your van then windows stuck on with a horrible interior trim!

We are busy till thursday next week, but can book you in anytime after that

Cheers

Will

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi everyone, anyone know any where to supply + fit two side windows around the mildenhall / bury st edmunds/ in suffolk area,

much appreciated thanks
alfie.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi TidyTransporters,

How long does it take to fit both side windows and what is the cost of Limo tint? Also is that Genuine tinted glass or clear glass with tint added?

I'm looking for the darkest tint available.

Cheers:D

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Hi if you want the darkest tint you will have to go with film. We can do 2.5% which is very dark. £30 a window to tint them for you. Fitting takes around 6 hours, which is longer than most fitters becasue we bond the 2 skins together rarther than just cut a hole and stick a window in. We fit them flush with no interior trim

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is that tinting over the darkest OEM tint or just over clear glass and how much time in advance do you need for me to book in?

Also do you fit flush like the T5's or with a rubber beading seal?

Merci

·
Registered
416 Posts
It would be around the 25th on my way up to Edinburgh but I would need to talk to you first about the options and pros and cons of flush/sealed.

It's a shame you don't do the OEM tinted but will think on it and call you once I've had a think.

Cheers for you late night quick responses though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts