VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ILU:Hi, anyone know where I can get a side window fitted in the caerphilly area, and how much?
Either that or anyone know what those kits on ebay are like?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi GL, cheers, thought that was prob the best option, some reasonable prices on ebay, will av a look.
Cheers again dude!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
pm t5 dream hes local, also ask jon boxer for the guys name in Ponty
theres also a couple of guys in bridgend who will do it. pm me if you want numbers.

chap in bridgend fitted mine for 50 quid (2 side windows)

good luck

chris

Come to our local meets and someone may even offer to fit them for you T:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one man, do I need to get the window, or is there someone that supplies as well, either way is no probs thou, and yea if you could pm me some numbers that ud be great, also need it tinted to mach the others, and might well be at the meet.
Cheers again
Martyn

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
usually need to get window first .

t5 dream is on here- pm him
theres terry at aztec in swansea- on google
jay in bridgend- vdubt4s.co.uk?
[email protected]
Tel: 01656 656428

Jon boxer knows a guy in pontypridd that tints and fits.-i dont have his number but pm jon

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You will probably find that the main VW dealer will be the cheapest to buy the window from. Suprising but true

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just fitted mine today not too difficult just take your time and plan it out! Got the adhesive and primers from ebay- wayside adhesives, and the windows direct from vw. Make sure you get the exterior glass rubbers as it helps them fit better and stops any adhesive escaping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh well, got it done, friend of a friend and it f!£<in leaks!
not happy, and got a bit of paintwork damage to boot!
they sorting it tomorow!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Trogers, any chance of the vw part numbers or tell n where you bought them so i can call them up and get part numbers for side windows and external seals?

·
Registered
21 Posts
T:Hello folks, sorry for hijacking the thread but on the same subject can anyone give their opinions on these 1. Do you apply the bonding adhesive to the window first of van first?
2. How much bonder do you apply? 3. I am planning to fit the window without the rubber seal for a more modern look, is this advised?

Cheers
T:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts