VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Sigma alarm - where is control unit?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RJC78 
#1 ·
Hi all - my first thread! Got a few jobs planned for this weekend on the T4 - first off is this: I have a Sigma alarm fitted with a keypad fitted to the top right of the windscreen but no fobs or keypad code from the previous owner. The keypad LED lights up when you press a button suggesting it works - I've only pressed a couple as I don't want to arm it by accident! lol. I'm thinking my options are to find the control unit which may have the keypad code on it so I can program new fobs or remove and replace it with a s/h control box from ebay. Anyone got experience of where the control unit is likely to be (have looked behind the fusebox and found nothing) or problems I'm likely to experience if removing it and replacing??

#3 ·
Found it! Thanks. Unfortunately, the alarm PIN wasnt on a label on the control unit as I hoped :O( I've been looking around hoping to find a foil label with the pin on but nothing, dammit.. Anything I can do with the unit other than replace? It's an M34 and serial number is 081200096 - 07A1869

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.