VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've used some screwfix black Sika Sikaflex EBT to fix a C rail to the roof today

How long does this take to go off?

I fixed it around 3pm and its 11pm and still very very soft

The tube says fast cure

Doesn't seem that fast to me

Thanks

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes I done it about 3pm today and the van is outside

Its still outside but cold and dark now

Worried I brought the wrong stuff now. I attached a link to the stuff I brought
Not sure it's the wrong stuff ,:* not sure its what I would use fella

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Its fast grab like most of these, that means it will cure on the outside fast just to hold it there but will take an over night spell to completely cure to the middle. It will always have some flex as all these types do. You have to be patient and dont keep prodding it LOL: Tiger seal is the best for non porous adhesion as its meant for fixing trims etc on cars and caravans but some building adhesives are really meant for porous items (bricks, plaster etc) Always best to go to a car body repair shop or suppliers and get the correct stuff not builder suppliers just because its a few quid less as you dont want to spend a weekend trying to remove that stuff T:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm no expert on Sikaflex products but I thought it was Sikaflex 221 that people use? Not sure what the difference is?

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Ah just looked at your choice again EBT is multi purpose filler, sealant and adhesive, Sikaflex do a special caravan range, we used to use it but again Tiger is better T:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Mate I used EBT on my side windows? It only just started to go off after 3 days and I do mean only just? I had to scrape it out and weld it up which wasn't easy because of the mess.
I started a thread about it on here. Sikaflex 221 or Tigerseal is the stuff to use.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mate I used EBT on my side windows? It only just started to go off after 3 days and I do mean only just? I had to scrape it out and weld it up which wasn't easy because of the mess.
I started a thread about it on here. Sikaflex 221 or Tigerseal is the stuff to use.
Oh dear :( :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there any difference between Sikaflex 221 and Sikaflex 221 Technique ?

There seems to be 2 types of Sikaflex 221

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Evening all,

Thanks for all the help on this

I managed to remove the C rail and completey clean the paintwork up ( never again )

I've ordered some tiger seal from Amazon

Hope this is right. Dont fancy another cleaning day

Thanks all

A:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts