VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly can anyone tell me the difference between the Silent Gliss 1012 and 1025?

(I see there is 1011, 1012, 1021 and 1025 and can't tell the real difference in any http://www.silentgliss.co.uk/go/Products/Hand+Operated+Curtain+Track+Systems/Light-weight+application+/1025 )

Which is the best for T5 windows bearing in mind they should probably bend at the ends like the VanX ones?

The best ones I guess should fix easy and be the smallest/neatest.

I would love to see a close up picture of the VanX rails and hooks but nobody seems to of posted them. (or all the colours)

Also when you buy the Silent Gliss rails and gliders, what hook do you put on the curtain?

Thanks all for any info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. The difference is really the space needed to fit it. The 1012 is narrower and more suited to fitting in narrow spaces, it is regularly used in trucks and caravans and I recommend you should use it. They are similar in price so nothing major there. The track contains a small glider into which you use any standard curtain hook which attaches to your curtain. If you need more please ask or email [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Sam.

Do you do a "pack" or shopping list of what owners would need if they wishes to make there own curtains? Also any sort of Forum Discount?

I would need enough for top and bottom on 4 side windows (2 per side) and a set of rear barn doors on my T5.

So this would include the correct overall length enough hooks and end stoppers.

I am ready to purchase as my girlfriend wants to attempt the curtain making!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I sell curtains tracks and blinds. I find this thread funny..

I use 1080 ( copy of ) but then I mount mine on to the board.. I don't use curtain hooks I sew the glider to the curtain less to go wrong

there are copy SG tracks on the market. I rarely use SG because of it's cost. Even project planners ask for copy tracks because of cost. I after 20 years in the industry can't understand why they charge so much. I get a good discount but unless a project states you must use SG then we don't.

Your other place to look for cheaper meathods is Speedy Products I have an account them also.

Also my fabric is Black out, FR rated and Single skin fabric not backed in anyway hence it's so neat! but then I know what I am doing :)

or I should do..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts