VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,just a quick one,my vans suspension is soft as sh*te and rolls on corners more than an arriva bus so ive been looking at the bilstein b4 shocks but my question is i like the ride height of the van as it is now so shall i keep the springs that are already on the van ? i dont know what they are.Thanks everyone,looking forward to hearing back from you

·
Registered
128 Posts
billy b4's should tighten things up a fair bit, so fit them first then see how it drives. i've got them on my lwb t4, along with cmc green rear springs, the heavy duty ones. it rides well, but at the end of the day, it's a van so not really as chuckeble as some of my other rides ! :eek:

so try the b4's first then mate.T:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have B4's fitted with Eibach springs, improved my ride beyond recognition. Got it all from T4srus at Busfest. I have also bought from them over the phone and at their premises in Swansea, always had top service from themT:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
If its that bad .... has a previous owner changed the suspension ?? Are some components just worn out ..?? has it been badly lowered ..?? Are the components not suitable for your model of van .?? Is it a model that simply wont take extra conversion weight (like an 800) without issues ..?? Too many seem to think they are all the same , but the,ye not ..!! Investigate ....

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hey Guys,just a quick one,my vans suspension is soft as sh*te and rolls on corners more than an arriva bus so ive been looking at the bilstein b4 shocks but my question is i like the ride height of the van as it is now so shall i keep the springs that are already on the van ? i dont know what they are.Thanks everyone,looking forward to hearing back from you
shocks may not cure it, is it stock height or dropped if dropped how much and which springs, there may be more to it if in doubt photo your springs on here. beware the internet mechanics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry ive been away a few days,il take a look under the van and il let you know what i see,mine is a 800 but it only has a r and r bed in it plus the usually creates of beer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts