VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys who has the silver t5 with the 22 s on I can't find the pictures that were on the forum ??
I'm thinking of getting a set of the wheels and wanted to take a look to see how they sit etc

Any body know the van or the thread

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
768 Posts
You may also want to consider replacing the tyres with rocks, fitting a 4ft high F1 rear spoiler, fake rockets to the (quad) exhausts and filling the entire van with some phat ICE. ;)
Don't u start that again!!! Haha

·
Registered
457 Posts
You may also want to consider replacing the tyres with rocks, fitting a 4ft high F1 rear spoiler, fake rockets to the (quad) exhausts and filling the entire van with some phat ICE. ;)
Or you could by a T5 California...pipe and slippers ;)

Coming right back at you defending MY van. Rasp:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Don't listen them vans on overfinch rims look great!!

How far they dropped on them 22's?
I'm not too sure, I have adjustable susspension so wound it down to the hight I wanted. I didn't want to go too low as I often drive across fields (don't ask!) so wanted to keep it usable.
Baggits van (the georgious blue one) looks roughly the same height as mine, maybe he can say what his was lowered?

·
previously known as: baggit
812 Posts
I'm not too sure, I have adjustable susspension so wound it down to the hight I wanted. I didn't want to go too low as I often drive across fields (don't ask!) so wanted to keep it usable.
Baggits van (the georgious blue one) looks roughly the same height as mine, maybe he can say what his was lowered?
Thanks for the comments guy. Haven't seen the van for 2 days as vw seem to be doing a good job of screwing up the cruise control :* getting withdrawal symptoms .

I've heard the over finch wheels dont fit t5's anymore lol

Originally mine was lowered 70mm. Think but once the aravelle seat and bits went in I believe it was put back up 10mm, so 60mm I think. Do like the wheels, have to say last time I was in there laurence had another set that looked the same but with a polished face and they were awesome. Although not sure how long that would stay looking that way

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
And talking of pipe and slippers, a lot of T5 culture seems to revolve around surfing.

This is a Cali owner just before smoking a pipe and donning his slippers...

or this (more recent)

:D;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks for the comments guy. Haven't seen the van for 2 days as vw seem to be doing a good job of screwing up the cruise control :* getting withdrawal symptoms .

I've heard the over finch wheels dont fit t5's anymore lol

Originally mine was lowered 70mm. Think but once the aravelle seat and bits went in I believe it was put back up 10mm, so 60mm I think. Do like the wheels, have to say last time I was in there laurence had another set that looked the same but with a polished face and they were awesome. Although not sure how long that would stay looking that way

What have they done to screw up fitting the cruise control??
Had mine fitted a couple of weeks back and it only took them an hour to fit.(independent company)

My main dealerl said it wasn't possible to retro fit....phheeff just goes to show you :*

·
812 Posts
At first they couldn't work out why they couldn't programme it, then they said they needed a different stalk and an extra loom and to run an extra cable, I went to them with the part numbers and told them what to do, I dropped the van off on weds, hoping they will sort their stuff out so it comes back today, I thought going down the main dealer route was the best and proper way, I now know much more and wish I went elsewhere. Can't wait to have an arguement over the bill they are no doubt going to present me with! :*

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those wheels look the dogs dangaly bits, i wonder what they would look like on standard sportline springs (4x4).I:

·
812 Posts
those wheels look the dogs dangaly bits, i wonder what they would look like on standard sportline springs (4x4).I:
dont suppose a sprtline is lowered at all is it, i.e. doesnt ride lower than a standard van? if thats the case you may need a set of steps to get in the van lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts