VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I'm looking at the Kiravans set (here) or the JK set but both state that they won't fit the RH sliding door.

Is the window size that much different? Smaller or bigger? If a sliding door window is smaller, I could cut the standard bigger size down.

What other options are there please? What have you done?

cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you have the JK ones from a year ago and you have twin sliders?

I guess the design must have changed since then. :-(

8 Piece Thermo Mat Set VW T5 SWB With Tailgate VW T5 2003 on

JK Part Number: J20362

Keep the warmth in and the sun out with a set of our JK exclusive thermo mats. Designed for the T5 short wheel base with lift up tailgate. This 8 piece kit covers the screen 4 side windows (not for twin sliding doors), cab doors and tailgate window
:-(

And actually I think I prefer the Kiravans ones. I love the attention to detail on their website, makes me think that all their products have had the same attention.

eg http://www.kiravans.co.uk/blog/post/what-is-inside-kiravans-silver-screens/

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I've just checked the order I gave JK and it's the same product code, but it definitely didn't say anything about twin sliders then otherwise I wouldn't have gone for them with a 'velle. I didn't expect them to be a perfect fit on mine as there's a lot of trim around the windows that you don't normally have, but they've been fine (apart from the front windows like I said previously).

Looking at the Kiravans ones though, they do look good. Oh well, it's only money I:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a full set of Kirivans rear screens for my s/w barn door T5 with aftermarket windows (hillside, birchover model) the only ones that are a "near" perfect fit are the barn door ones. One of the rest is too small for any of my windows but the others are too large. I contacted Kirivans and they were happy to do a full refund but after looking at the cost of "made to measure" or sourcing the materials for a DIY job I decided it would be cheaper to cut down the oversize ones and re-trim them luckily I only need three of them, just need to buy a sewing machine and learn how to use it!!!

Mike O.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts