VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken possession of my first T4 (or should that be it's taken possession of me ?).

Anyway,the initial reason I bought it was to camp out at the 2011 F1 meet at Silverstone in July,hopefully the site just across the road,certainly nearby.

I've been a couple of times and stayed in B&B's,usually miles from the circuit and grossly overpriced but the camp sites look great fun and a real party atmosphere weekend.

Anyone here going or have been and can give advice about best sites,Mike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just noticed there's a camping and excursions thread,I should have posted there really,sorry,still finding my way round the site.

·
Registered
256 Posts
make sure you have a long enough lead for the 240v power, so close enough to get power and far enough away from the generators running all night like the sound of a 747 next to your pillow.

we were there for classic car racing in July. didnt sleep a wink lolI:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is expensive but this year it's a 50th birthday present from my wife A:.
The camp sites or fields are only around £20 a night so a huge saving on the cost of B&B's.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi there, we were thinking about Silverstone last year as a bit of a treat (2 adults, 2 children) but scared off by the prices and traffic chaos - so went to Spa instead! - we couldn't get out til Friday eve, but if you get in on the Thursday you might well get offered a pit-walk that evening, plus three solid days of racing. Bought Bronze weekend tickets and camping in the green field 50m from Malmedy entrance, amazing circuit you can walk most of, loads of action and very, very close-up views all round except for pit straight - but you can also stand at the Bus Stop where Vettel took Button off. Left straight after the race Sunday and back on the midnight ferry so an hour or so of queueing on the way back to the motorway but other than that really efficient and hassle-free. The campsite was multi-national and absolutely rocking, water and toilets but no power - took an Igloo 5-day box and that did us proud. Cost the gas and ferry plus about 500Euro all in. We booked direct with the circuit in Jan for an extra discount and they were really helpful, cheaper than via Bernie, pm if you want the link - Can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,thats worth thinking about,Spa is probably the best race of the season and it's on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I like Spa, if we are doing well I may go this year.
As for Silverstone, try Camping accross from the Forceindia F1 Team main gate and I'll pop over for a cuppa!

Tel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts