VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to keep it simple I'm only looking for answers from folk who use veg oil as fuel, this is to help those who are unsure.
I get people asking me all the time if their van will run on veggie but I'm no expert so I don't know :*

1. So what engine do you run?
    2. how many miles have you run on veggie oil?
    3. what mix do you use?
    4. what problems have you come across if any?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I run a 1999 1.9td
done about 10,000 miles on veggie
100% veg in summer and 50/50 in winter. mostly mix with diesel but have tried unleaded
Not come across any problem (cold starting or poor running)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
1991 2.4d AAB engine

Run veggie oil for in excess of 30,000 miles.

50% in winter and upto 80% summer.

Only problem I have is that at anymore than 80% I get a leak from my fuel pump! (Gasket letting by and can't be bothered to change it yet! lol)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
1996 1.9d
about 5000 miles (cant be exact coz speedo dont work)
100%
no probs as yet (fingures crossed)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
2000 1.9tdi
So far, ran a few tanks full at 50/50
No pros at all.
Runs much better than on assda diesel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
J Reg 2.4, AAB code
Started running 3 weeks ago @ 50/50 NVO/Derv and covered approx 400 miles with out any issues,
Only thing i did to start was changed the fuel filter and will change again at 500 miles
going to step it up when things get warmer and see if i can go 100% :ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is anybody running a 2.5 tdi? Use to run my 1.9tdi on 100%, Recently sold and got a 2.5 but i have been told you can't run them on oil..... Is there any truth in this?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Is anybody running a 2.5 tdi? Use to run my 1.9tdi on 100%, Recently sold and got a 2.5 but i have been told you can't run them on oil..... Is there any truth in this?
I was told by a VW expert never to use veg oil in a 2.5 ? something about the injectors and the seals, I will not be using veg oil thats for sure.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a 2.5 tdi & have just put the .216 injectors in, (runs fine with out remap at the mo & no real issues with smoke or lumpyness) havent got as dramatic increase in power as I expected!
Anyway anyone running a 2.5 with these bigger injectors on veg?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
2.4 1992 aab diesel
40000+ miles
winter 50/50
summer 80-90% veg
only prob is lumpy starting if cold when you have not dropped down to 50/50 in the winter but it still started every time. i now put in a little bit of petrol in the winter to thin instead of diesel i did about 1.5 gallon to every tankfull and i think its better than diesel for thining,
i would never go back to running on just diesel

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
your not the tax man are you I: Rasp:Rasp: LOL:
no T: tho some say you get 2500 ltr duty free LOL:LOL:LOL: yet to see proof I: btw clean supermarket veggie oil aint biofuel as its not for sale in the shops as fuel but simply sold for cooking (before anyone has ago at me) :ILU:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts