VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have a `95 1.9 D and run 100% Farm Foods rapeseed from May October and it loves it. The only problem that I have had is the seals went on the fuel pump but its a small price to pay when you are saving £40 every time you fill up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have T4 2.5tdi Syncro 2003 AXL and about 2l of vegetable (raps) oil and which I wanna get rid of (got it for free, don't use it for cooking) and I'm wondering if I can add it to my van.
I've heard that 2.5tdi is not good with veg oil, but it's only ~2l to an almost full tank (~1:25 ratio).

So, in case if the veg oil is not good for that type of engine (I'm not sure because there are a lot of posts where people use it and a lot of posts with recommendations not to use it), can such a small portion of oil make something bad?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,045 Posts
I have T4 2.5tdi Syncro 2003 AXL and about 2l of vegetable (raps) oil and which I wanna get rid of (got it for free, don't use it for cooking) and I'm wondering if I can add it to my van.
I've heard that 2.5tdi is not good with veg oil, but it's only ~2l to an almost full tank (~1:25 ratio).

So, in case if the veg oil is not good for that type of engine (I'm not sure because there are a lot of posts where people use it and a lot of posts with recommendations not to use it), can such a small portion of oil make something bad?
Is it worth trying just to save around £1.20?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,045 Posts
This is not about saving. If I can use that oil in my car instead of pouring it to the sink, why not?
take it to a supermarket. There is usually a trolley or collection of donated foodstuffs for foodbanks and the like.

or just stick in in the fuel tank and worry for the next 1,000 odd miles if it will cause some damage T:

81 - 87 of 87 Posts