VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Go to an auto paint supply shop, they will sell you a wheel attachment to remove stickers.
I takes time but it must be quicker than how your doing it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dab the petrol on the glue then you need a plastic sqeegee ,to take the top layer of glue off, then with some more petrol/tar remover, the rest will come off easy .T:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks guys, will give it another bash tomorrow afternoon..... Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Get some panelwipe or thinners, soak a rag in it and apply liberally to the glue, leave the rag spread out over the glue for at least a minute for thinners to soak in, then glue should come off alot easier

·
Registered
256 Posts
Definately go steady with the thinners, you'll need to T-cut after if you use that. Petrol or white spirit should be adequate. Dab the lot then use hard plastic; like a credit card to scrape the glue back. Good luck :ILU:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ve always used petrol and plastic ice scrapper. if stubbon leave a rag socked in petrol on it while you have a coffee then scrape off, i have always found after that i have had to T Cut and polish after as it leaves a shadow on paint. T Cut will remove any slight traces of glue.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
They used a da on mine but it still shows up after awhile.

If i mop it with polish it goes !!! but then reapears after amonth or so.

I was told by a panel beater to flat it down with very fine paper then polish back to a shine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts