VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a new member and have a vw t5 swb which i am planning on a conversion that will have 2 single forward facing rear seats that make up as 2 single beds with the cab seats swivelled round, with lockers behind.

I have contacted several "Converters" and they offer the French RIB single seats (but the cost of them is just way too much). I have seen several motorhomes for sale with single forward facing rear seats that pull out or slide to make a bed with removable cushions. The seat is basically a box built on a metal frame bolted to the floor.

I live in Hampshire on the south coast and would welcome and appreciate anyones ideas, advice and help please.

Chris Kinsell

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi - yup, the RIB Neptune single seats are pricey but they are very very good. We have had an increasing demand for them over the past few months.

Prices for them vary depending on loads of optional extras. so you can start off at about £1100 each for a standard auto fabric upholstered one with car-style headrests on sticks. Basically the prices are high because each seat needs the full mechanism that you normally get in a two-person bench seat and each needs the full upholstery job done. If you compare them with a 2/3 width bench seat you're basically just adding a few more steel tubes and some extra foam... hence two seats works out more expensive.

The layout works very well as you end up with plenty of space behind the seat for storage / kitchen / whatever.

If you need any info on them just drop us a note at kiravans.co.uk .

Cheers
Rob
Kiravans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts