VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had a search but I cannot seem to find anything covering what I'm asking so wondering if anyone could help? I have a 1996 T4. Its nothing too difficult and I'm sure the question has most likely been asked before and covered too. Anyhow, I am wanting to replace my twin passenger seat with a single passenger seat.

I have two Audi TT seats that I want to fit but I'm wondering if this would be straight forward. I would imagine that the drivers seat would pretty much be out and in. The passenger side I'm not too sure this would be the case.

Would anybody know if when I remove the double seat, whether bolt holes for a single seat base would be there? Also is there anything else that needs to be known when doing this?

Thanks in advance T:

·
Registered
137 Posts
If its the same as my 2000 T4 just remove the double bench (4 bolts) and bolt in a single seat base - Easy!T:

How difficult it is to fit the seats to the bases is a different matter, but normally a piece of hefty flat bar drilled correctly and bolted on does the job.:*

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was as easy as just out and in T:

Fitting the seats to the bases should hopefully be straight forward. I saw a lot of people say TT seats are pretty easy to fit.

Thank you. A:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts