VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally found a captains passenger seat, (very pleased)
can anyone recommend decent swivel bases ?

cheers
Andy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,
I have a pair of RIB swivel plates in mine. Both work very well. Some minor creaking on the drivers side but i just wedge it a little and sorts it out. I got mine from Kiravans:
http://www.kiravans.co.uk/vw-t5-driver-seat-swivel-rib

There are spacers to increase the drivers side to clear the handbrake. You have to leave in gear and disengage the handbrake when turning them round. I am in the process of lowering the handbrake bracket to avoid having to have the spacers as i find it makes the seat just a little too high for comfortable driving. And i am 6ft tall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers, do you have to lift arms or adjust the seat to rotate ?
also kiravans do a offset swivel are they better ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Got RIB swivels on both of our single seats and have no problems with height or squeaking. I bought a LHD drivers seat swivel and put that on the passenger side, this way you don't have to remove the plastic cover on the rear of the passenger seat base when swivelling round. T:

·
Registered
87 Posts
yeah you have to do the arms and shift it around a little. not aware of a swivel where you don't have to do a little of that? no experience of the offset swivel, sorry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got RIB swivels on both of our single seats and have no problems with height or squeaking. I bought a LHD drivers seat swivel and put that on the passenger side, this way you don't have to remove the plastic cover on the rear of the passenger seat base when swivelling round.
does that just space it up a little? I think I saw someone selling just the spacers that may work out cheaper

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yep, the spacers are the same as on the drivers side. I think all drivers side swivels come with spacers, wether LHD or RHD vans.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
We always use sportscraft swivels which we have found to be good quality and very sturdy. We also modify one of our drivers seat bases to lower the handbrake bracket and swap it with yours, this way all the handbrake plastics will fit correctly.
Colin

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I've just installed a pair of Kiravans/Rib swivels and they seem very sturdy/stable.
Check my build blog for some photos (I had an issue with the release catch on the drivers swivel (had to bend it a bit).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive looked at the sportscraft they look like they have a better review than the RIB,
and I think they are made at Jennings in crewe, which is very handy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts